Happy Wednesday Everyone,
I have had a pretty good reading week, I finished two books and one was absolutely fabulous. I also started two books that I have been meaning to get to for a while now.
I also made it to the bookstore, though I have been far more lucky in finding shows/movies than actual books this week, but that is good too.
I have also been working on final picks for my 2021 reading challenge, and will be posting that soon. And I finally got some picks of the new foster kitties up on my insta, which I have been meaning to do for weeks now. And I got a photo shoot together for the few best books of the year that I didn’t have good photos for yet, which I will be posting in the next few days as well.
- Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix – I read another chapter earlier today, it isn’t as much as I would have liked to get thorough but it is something.
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah E. Harkness – Ugh I really should just admit defeat here.
- Crave by Tracy Wolff – Waiting on my hold, yes still.
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow – Well I got the book back, but I haven’t read any more.
- A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas – I started this last night, and listened to the first few chapters, though I feel like we are still setting things up so I haven’t formed much of an opinion about it yet.
- The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune – I just started listening to this earlier today, and it is funny so far, but I am not that far into it yet.
- Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James – I have been trying to figure out what to say about this book since I was about halfway through, and what I have come up with is that I enjoyed the story and thought it was an interesting read, but I didn’t like it as a P&P sequel. So, if I just pretend these are completely different characters, which wasn’t that hard to be honest they didn’t feel like the P&P characters, that I was pretty happy with it.
- The Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrels by India Holton – This book was amazing, I loved it so much. I know that this is only the second book I have finished this year, but I think it will end up being on my top books of the year. Lady Pirates in flying houses, I mean do I really need to say more?
What I Might Read Next
- Portrait of a Scotsman by Evie Dunmore – We have the audiobook, success, now I just have to wait for my hold to come in.
- Aurora’s End by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – I know you wouldn’t know it but I have had the audiobook of this for about a week already and haven’t started listening yet. I loved the other two in audio and it was actually a bit weird to read the physical book but I got my hands on that first so here we are.
- All’s Fair in Love and Scandal by Caroline Linden – This is the only book in her Scandalous series that I haven’t read already, and that is because it is only available in eBook (it is book 2.5 in the series, one of those novella length books).
Currently Watching & Listening To
Still Watching (In Theory):
- Rookie Blue
- Hotel Del Luna (Netflix)
- Criminal Minds (Netflix)
- Midsomer Murders (Acorn)
- Lost in Space (Netflix)
- The Great British Baking Shows Holiday Specials (Netflix)
Actually Watching & Listening To:
- Bridgerton (Netflix) – Yes I have gotten back to this show, why did that take me so long?
- Death in Paradise – I think I only caught Saturday’s episode this week.
- The Good Place (Netflix) – I watched one more episode this week, it is still so good.
- Numb3rs – I only have two more episodes to watch now, I would love to actually have all of the show.
- The British History Podcast – I only have about 20 episodes left to listen to, to catch back up with current releases, I will probably be finished by next week.
- Anxious People (Netflix) – Ok that’s right I started this show, I should get back to it.
- Ragnarok (Netflix) – I AM DONE, well with season 2, and boy did that take a long time. I am also not really sure how I feel about it, I definitely liked the first season better, but I am glad I finally got around to watching all of the second season.
- MASH (Netflix) – I found season 3 at the bookstore the other day so of course we started watching it.
Happy Reading Everyone!